Automated Logic is a leader in providing innovative building control technologies for thousands of buildings worldwide. We supply, install and service the Automated Logic building automation systems and lighting system. We are also proud members of the USGBC, SMACNA and ASHRAE groups.
ACES Offers the Following:
- Full-Time Position
- Overtime Available
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Fuel Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Plan
- Mileage Reimbursement
We ask that all applicants go to the following link, register and complete our culture index survey to be considered for a position:
Primary Duties: A Controls Technician performs various duties based upon their knowledge and experience. The following is a list of most of the duties that may be asked of a Controls Technician. This list is not all-inclusive nor is it required by each Controls Technician:
- Keep updated on a project's schedule by regular job site visits and communication with the electrical subcontractor.
- Provide direction and answer field questions for our installing electrical subcontractors.
- Monitor electrical installation to ensure work is installed properly, per code and on schedule.
- Gather and deliver material to a job site in a timely manner.
- Arrange to have programming and graphics done by ALC or create the programs and graphics.
- Startup, checkout and commission projects. This includes point to point checkout during startup and verification that control programs and graphics operate as designed.
- During the warranty period assist with any service calls related to project.
- Respond to customer questions and service needs.
- Perform routine service inspections including point to point verification of building automation systems.
- Assist customers requesting service with remote assistance, troubleshooting, and on-site visits.
- Lead small add-on projects directed by a Project Manager.
- Coordinate schedules with Project Managers to ensure customer service requests are completed for customers to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Plan and create a professional development plan in accordance with the Automatic Controls Skills Matrix. Increase proficiency to meet customer needs throughout career.
- Provide mentorship for other Controls Technicians to increase the skill set competencies of Automatic Controls to meet the needs of all customers.
- Correct manual drawings for documentation department to update customer manuals of equipment.
- Be available for on-call rotation.
All Automatic Controls Employees are required to practice Company Core Values:
Skills or Abilities required for this Position:
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
Technical Skills required for this Position: Advanced computer and networking skills, and a working knowledge of the following programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, WebCTRL, EquipmentBuilder, SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, Visio, Windows 7, Paintshop Pro, LogMeIn, and Remote Administrator / Desktop.
Experience required for this Position: Knowledgeable of HVAC systems, electrical wiring diagrams, and networking.
Training or Education required for this Position: High School Diploma with a 3.0 or higher GPA; Mechanical or Electrical Degree is beneficial; 5 years of HVAC experience.