Primary Duties: The following is a list of most of the duties that may be asked of this position:
- Review specifications, drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work required for contents of the estimate.
- Perform takeoffs on plans and drawings
- Solicit vendor/subcontractor quotes in preparation for project bidding.
- Check bid documents for accuracy and completeness before bidding.
- Coordinate equipment selection, pricing, and integration of controls for the project.
- Assemble and prepare quotes and bids.
- Submit bids to customers and follow up to secure the project.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Review contracts and prepare the project for turn over to project managers and engineering.
- Create detailed cost estimate based on well-defined scope.
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects.
- Document work by maintaining files for each job.
- Work with our Energy Engineer to determine if Utility Incentives are available for the project.
ACES employee job expectations:
- Practices ACES core values (Communication, Loyalty, Respect, Innovation, Reliability, Judgment) during working hours as well as representing ACES in everyday life.
- Efficiently fulfills all roles and responsibilities as assigned.
- Can effectively delegate to other members of the ACES team when appropriate.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical, and architectural plans.
Skills or Abilities required for this Position:
Personable and good phone communication skills. Strong technical background in HVAC controls systems. Basic computer skills and working knowledge of the following programs: MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Web CTRL, View Builder. Knowledge of BAS Controls is preferred. Able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
Experience required for this Position: 2 years experience as a Project Estimator
Training or Education required for this Position: Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.